Friday, October 29, 2010

Work it, GIRL.

  Greetings from girl land!  It’s been a fun day with Avery so far.  She is much more easy going without her brother around to make her mad.  Smile  So far, we have snuggled, watched Sesame Street (Dylan HATES Sesame Street, so poor little Avos has never actually seen it until today.  Truth time though – she wasn’t a fan.  She just doesn’t quite “get” the draw of tv yet. Oh well!), had a yummy treat (see below), took a dip in the hot tub and had an almost 17 month old photo shoot!  Its nap time now, so I’m decompressing and trying to make my darn neck feel better.  Yet ANOTHER neck kink.  This happens to me a lot, I’m afraid.  Anywho, check out what we had for a snack!  DSC_1942

This is OSG’s Pumpkin Spice Latte.  Gooooooooooood.   DSC_1943

We surprisingly had whip cream on hand!  Woohoo! DSC_1944Avery’s was sans coffee.  Open-mouthed DSC_1946

  After that, I decided it was time to practice being a girl again.  Here she is laughing at me b/c I was chasing her with a comb and rubber bands.  It’s not funny, Avos!  Its time you become a girl!  Dang it!DSC_1951

No, Mommy, I don’t WANT to be a GIRL!   DSC_1954

Not even if I wear ponytails, too? Nope.  This didn’t work.  So we moved on to the next task…

DSC_1957Trying to duplicate this picture, ‘cept with Avos as the subject.  This is Dylan when he was 15 months old or so.  I’ve been meaning to try to do a similar photoshoot with Avery for a few months now.  Better late than never! 

DSC06799_3 2

It started out rocky.  She was all, “ooooooh, the stool you always hide from me!  Sweet!  I’ve been wanting to climb on this!”  Dang it, Avery!  Be a girl!  DSC_1958

Getting warmer. DSC_1961

Nope, not quite right Avery. DSC_1962

Avery!  Come on!   DSC_1964Tha

t’s my GIRL!   DSC_1965

Oooooh pretty girl! DSC_1966

Had to bring in a prop.  She was wanting to leave the scene. DSC_1967 DSC_1969 DSC_1970 DSC_1973 DSC_1975 DSC_1976 DSC_1979 DSC_1981 DSC_1983 DSC_1984

Bingo.   DSC_1986

Mission Accomplished!!!! Open-mouthed

 



Well, better enjoy nap time while I can!  Later!

2 comments:

  1. CUTE PICS AVOS!! I only had a boy, I dont know what would help with the girliness!
    PS Dyls just called me to come skate with him!
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh such cute\good pix!! Think I'd like a triple or quad. frame with a series of pix--the ones of her on the stool, under the stool etc.!! soo funny!! love the close ups and her hair looks fine!! Her eyes looks so dark and eyebrows just like yours!! XXXX
    I'm totally going to make the latte this wknd, but now for some (?) wine!!!

    ReplyDelete