Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Land of Several Lakes

  Yesterday morning, we woke up to find that our yard had grown a few more lakes.  Not only did we have Lake Dylan (completely normal) – we had Avery Canal, Milly Pond, Trishy Lagoon and Eric Reservoir.  It was definitely the most water we had ever see in our yard.  Ever.  I think Eric said we got 4 inches of rain?  DSC_1875

Avery Canal is over to the left.  Milly pond is up by the beach.  Lake Dylan is that big lake in the middle.  Don’t confuse that one with Lake Sullivan.   Eric Reservoir is up by the swingset.DSC_1876

Even the Winerchesky’s got a new body of water in their yard! DSC_1880 After we oooh and ahhhed at the water outside, we had to make up the pumpkin seeds! DSC_1883

Would you believe that Avery was mad at me because I vacuumed up the crumbs of the brownie she was eating.  Yeah, she wanted to eat them off the floor.  I swear, I think I’m going to start putting her food on the floor because it appears that’s the surface she prefers to eat it from.  Sarcastic DSC_1886 DSC_1888

While the seeds were baking, Dylan insisted that I “take our picture!!!!!”  He’s really been into pictures lately – as if you hadn’t noticed! DSC_1890 DSC_1895

Here they are.  I didn’t like them.  Dylan thought they were okay.  Avery is a fan. DSC_1897Thi

s picture cracks me up.  He knows she’s mad, but continues to antagonize her.  Story of my life, lately.DSC_1898

And here is what we woke up to this morning.  Snow.  And no power.  Yeah, lights went out at 8:30pm and didn’t come back on until 6:30am.  And then went out AGAIN this morning for a couple hours.  That was one hefty wind, I tell you! DSC_1902

More pictures!  Surprise, surprise! DSC_1912 DSC_1913 DSC_1915 DSC_1916

And dinner tonight was this: DSC_1918

These are Korean Meatballs from Cooking Light’s October 2010 issue.  They were okay.  Kind of a bitch to make because handling raw chicken is not my most favorite thing to do and forming them into balls was tricky because they were so sticky.  Hey – I’m rhymin’!  We had orzo with pine nuts and garlic as a side along with steamed broccoli.  All in all, a solid meal.     DSC_1921

And lets not forget about a brownie for dessert!


DSC_1803 Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. All I got to say is-----you shouldn't have any trouble selling with all your lake front property!!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete