Sunday, August 22, 2010

Visitors

Saturday started off as it always does – with PANCAKES!!!  This time we had Bob’s Red Mill Buttermilk and they were pretty good!  Luckily, I can get this mix a few minutes from our house at the rinky dink corner store.  Who knew they would have all the Bob’s products a girl could want and MORE!  DSC_9721 In the afternoon, our friends Chris and Shannon and their two girls Kayla and Alexis arrived for a quick weekend visit.  Avery didn’t notice baby Lexy in her carseat right away, but once she did – she made a beeline for her.  Lexy was sleeping, so we didn’t want Avery to wake her up with all the “love” she was trying to give her.  Avery loves on her babydoll Tasha all the time and to have a real live baby in her house – WOW.  She was impressed.  However, she was NOT impressed by us picking her up and holding onto her while poor little Lexy tried to keep sleeping.  She was kicking and screaming wanting to be PUT DOWN so she could get over to the sleeping baby.  All the commotion woke Lexy up, so Avery got her wish (don’t she always??).  Here they are meeting for the first time:DSC_9724 She seemed unsure of herself when we put Lexy on her.  It was like, “Well, I know how to take care of my Tasha, but this baby…I dunno about this.”  DSC_9726 DSC_9729 Trying to picture what it would be like if we had another?  NOT HAPPENING!  LOL!DSC_9731Dylan and Avery had to show off their mad dancing skills for our guests.   DSC_9741 Kayla was a HUGE fan of all we had to offer.  So many toys, two blonde entertainers, a hot tub, a lake – so much to do in so little time!  DSC_9744 DSC_9756 Well since the oven was supposedly “fixed,” I tried my luck at popovers again.  They half popped, I guess.  But still nothing like what they used to look like.  Baring teethDSC_9762 DSC_9763 Breakfast on Sunday morning was fab.  This is a pizza crust with breakfast-y goodies packed inside of it.  DSC_9766I kinda want to eat the picture!  SO good! DSC_9770 Group picture!  Chris and all the kiddies – Lexy, Kayla, Dylan and Avery.DSC_9773 DSC_9774 Turn RED you naughty, naughty tomato!DSC_9780Today was a truly gorgeous day in northern Minnesota!   DSC_9781 Even this flower thought it was lovely weather we were having.DSC_9783Here is the fabulous turkey burger that I like to make.  I should name it.  Cuz I like to add my own flair to it, so technically, its my awesome recipe!  LOL.  Its not that original.  Its just lean ground turkey, chopped fresh baby spinach, red onion, garlic, feta cheese and a little basil pesto.  Delicious!  And don’t forget the Arnold slim bun and my very own tomato! SmileDSC_9784 These sweet potato fries ROCK.  They are Alexia brand and we can only get them in the cites for some odd reason.  So Eric has to stock me up on them whenever he goes in for work.  They are the Spicy Chipotle Sweet Potato fries.  Seriously good stuff.  And apparently – a hit with all babies!  Avery is a big fan of them and she turned Kayla onto them.  Avery is such a trendsetter.DSC_9785Its hard to believe that one year ago, we had these two girlies laying on the floor next to each other screaming their little heads off.  They both were very colicky and were like two peas in a pod.  They may not scream now like they did then, but they are both still a couple of divas.   IMG_4459IMG_4461 IMG_4463IMG_4470

Well, that’s all for now.  This mama is TIRED!  My legs are SO sore from my workout on Saturday.  So much so, that I’m having troubles going up and down the stairs.  I even had trouble driving the car – that’s how sore my legs are right now!  (Secretly, I love it! Plus, Eric massaged my legs so that was an added bonus!  SUCKER!) 

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment