Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mamma Mia to the rescue!

Yesterday I was having one of those days.  You know the kind, fellow moms.  There was nothing that could be done to get me out of my funk.  Dylan had once again turned his nose up at the food I had made him (apparently Kraft macaroni and cheese is better than Amy’s macaroni and cheese and Dylan would know – he’s a mac and cheese expert, after all) and refused to eat lunch.  I twisted my ankle trying to climb over the stair barrier because I blindly stepped down onto a toy (while carrying Avery, no less) and proceeded to fall straight to the ground.  Both children found delight in my pain.  Then my tomato plants tipped over and I lost 6 perfectly good tomatoes in the process (not to mention I found 2 more tomatoes infected with the mysterious fungi issue.)  Oh and it was SO humid out too, so it was extra awesome dealing with these issues while standing in what felt like a sauna.  I was in a BAD mood.  What’s a mama to do when she is super crabby besides start drinking at 1 pm?  That’s right – its time for a Mamma Mia dance party.  My mom’s advice for getting out of a bad mood fast is to turn on music – so we did just that.  I would say that 99 percent of the time, this works.  Before I knew it, I was laughing so hard I was crying.  Bad mood gone!  Here are my little mood lifters dancing:  (please excuse their ensembles – Dylan picks his own outfits these days and Avery prefers various states of undress.  Her hair – well, thats another story.)

 

   Oh and the reason this video is so long is b/c I like the part in the beginning where Avery gives me a look for telling her to sit down (she was already dizzy from the first  couple of tunes I played) and the part at the end where I cannot control my laughter and the  camera shakes like crazy.                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment