Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bye Bye Bob!

Eric decided it was time to start siding the rest of the garage this weekend.  Its been covered in “Bob’s Lumber” paper since October, so I’m quite glad that this is finally happening.  I’m sick of looking out the window and seeing Bob.  And I’m sure that people passing by are happy to see the end of Bob as well!  He was quite the eyesore. 

DSCN0707

  Dylan was the foreman, as usual.  I was the supervisor.  Avery just walked around and looked pretty.  DSCN0709

Here is some of the progress!  You’re outta here Bob!

 

 

It was a good thing I was there to help or Mr Eric would have screwed up a few times.  I know of only one mistake made.  But I saved him from a few others!  You’re welcome, honey! : ) I enjoyed listening to the explanations and instructions on putting up siding.  It was like watching my very own episode of Holmes on Homes right here before my eyes! 

DSCN0715  Dylan took the opportunity to snap a few pics.  DSCN0726

Do you see anyone in this pic????

 DSCN0733

 

Dylan is checking his work to make sure it is correct.  If we wouldn’t have been there – I dunno how this would have turned out. ; )

DSCN0734Avos couldn’t believe how exciting putting up siding was!  DSCN0739

They both enjoyed the box that the new swing came in more than the swing itself!  Only kidding, Gpa Danny!  They like it… DSCN0746

Dylan declared this “the peanut box.”  “Because this is where we eat peanuts.”  And yes, I am aware that Avery is too young for peanuts because she could choke, but you try telling that to her!  This is Brutus we’re talking about here!  You tell her no and you could get bitten or screamed at!  I pick my battles.  However, I know for a fact that she wasn’t chewing all of them up.  Mom detective work…if you know what I mean. ; )

 DSCN0750 DSCN0752

Avery decided that instead of a haircut (her bangs are getting kinda long) that we might go this route instead for a bit and see how it goes.  Only problem is her hair is super fine like mine and barrettes tend to just slip right out.  So we’ll see.  I’m testing out the waters on my little guinea pig. 

 DSC_9158DSC_9159DSC_9160

Here is the new swing from Grandpa Danny!  We’re liking it so far!  Just needs a little sandpaper and some stain and we’ll be all set.

DSCN0756 DSCN0757

I don’t care what Eric says – its still a nice view even with the rice.  Just imagine what it COULD look like though.  Sigh.

DSCN0759

Here is the new and improved view out my kitchen window!  Eric says he “spoiled” me today by doing this portion first so I didn’t have to look at Bob anymore while standing at the sink.  How sweet of him! DSC_9170

 

And here is the finished front portion.  Is it too late to go with plan B, Eric?  Cuz now I’m starting to think that a different siding on top might look better.  ???

DSC_9171Well, that’s it for now.  Time to get these kiddies in bed and reeeeellllllaaaaxxxx. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow - it's looking really good and your view has improved 100%. How nice of him to think of you first. I like your little helpers too. Love the one of you on the ladder and a little miss starting to climb up it. Looks like you guys had a busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute that Dyls caught your kitty in the tree! He has a good eye!
    Garage looks great!
    Just wanted to ask if you're using the barettes with the velour ribbon on the inside to stay in Avery's hair. I bought them for my firend's little girl (she has Asian hair) and they worked out pretty well.

    ReplyDelete