Friday, November 19, 2010

Hittin’ the Sauce

  I got tricked into decorating for Christmas today.  Dylan has been bugging me for the last week to get out his Santa hat and finally today I gave in.  The reason why I had to decorate was because the hat was somewhere amongst all the Christmas decor.  There are SEVEN giant tubs of Christmas decor.  So I figured it might be easier to just get it all out and come upon his hat in the process.  And what a process it is!  He kept asking why it was taking so long.  Ugggg.  It took even longer because of how many times I was asked and also because of a certain silly sister wrapped around my legs wanting UP UP UP.  Such is the life of a mom!  DSC_2483  The reason why he even thought of the hats was because I said we needed to start working on the Christmas photo collage and I need updated pictures of them wearing the hats.  My mistake!DSC_2489

So here is a bit of the decor… DSC_2494 DSC_2496 DSC_2497 DSC_2500 DSC_2501 DSC_2502 DSC_2505Always a fun discovery!

  DSC_2510

Never a dull moment with magnets! DSC_2515

What the heck are YOU?! DSC_2517Trying to come up with some fun things to put in the boxes this year….any ideas?  I need 25 good ideas and they can’t ALL be candy! 

DSC_2526

Decided to make applesauce today.  Cub had a good deal on a tote of Honeycrisp apples that I couldn’t pass up, so we have a ton of apples.   DSC_2519

Now, let me tell ya though – things would have gone A LOT faster had I had one of these babies:
 The Apple Machine- Peeler, Corer and Slicer with 2 Bases
(source)
My Mom has one and they ROCK.  I could have had all those apples cored, peeled and diced in 10 minutes.  But nooooooooo.  I had to do it all by hand.  It was no bueno!  DSC_2525 So anyway, I figured – why not cook them slowly in the crockpot so we have yummy smells?  So I put them in there with water and a teaspoon of cinnamon for 4 hours or so on LOW and viola – applesauce.  No picture of the finished product.  It’s too dark in here and besides – you know what applesauce looks like.  It’s gonna be FAB in my oatmeal tomorrow morning.  BE JELLY!



Ok, you guessed it – it’s TV time!  I gotta go see what it is that Oprah thinks I need.  Oprah knows all, you know.  Listen to the PopeRah.

No comments:

Post a Comment