Friday, August 6, 2010

Fitness Friday, August 6 2010

 

 

 

 

 

 

Time for another Fitness Friday post!  It must be what you look forward to all week, right? 

Well, this week’s workout of choice is Cardio Coach.  Here is the description from the website:



Cardio Coach™ is a downloadable audio workout program for your iPod / MP3 player / CD walkman -- and is designed for any type of workout (run, walk, bike, hike, swim) and cardio machine (bikes, treadmill, cross trainer, elliptical, stair stepper, rower etc.) & features a patented levels & zone system for any fitness level, from beginner to advanced.”

What I like about it is that I don’t have to THINK when I’m on the treadmill.  Normally, when I would do my regularly scheduled interval workout, I would have to constantly keep track of the time so I could know when to speed up and slow down.  Intervals always make time go by faster, but with Cardio Coach – time goes by even FASTER because I have no idea how long I’ve been on the treadmill (cuz I don’t have to look down at the monitor anymore!).  Trainer Sean tells me what to do and I do it!  And if I didn’t have him in my ear telling me to push my intensity level – I know I would be taking the lazy route – especially since I workout so early in the morning.  It’s easy to want to take it easy at that time of the day!  The music is definitely motivating as well.  I think these will be great for winter because you have to use them on a machine (treadmill, elliptical, etc) and not for outdoor runs.  It says you can use them on outdoor runs/walks, but I don’t know what you'd do when its time to add hills/tension. 



All in all, I’m really pleased with these.  I have Volumes 1-3 and I’m already wanting more!  I love how they push me to run faster and longer.  And the time seriously FLIES.  Even if you are a beginner or someone who just wants to walk, these would still be great.  You work at your own level and if you ever get too tired, its easy to just back off for a minute or two.  They have a buy 2, get 1 free special going on right now – so what are you waiting for! Do it up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment