Saturday, February 19, 2011

Excused Absence

Once again, I have been taken down by sickness.  Hence, my absence.  I'm sure it went noticed too.  I even got a phone call regarding this matter.  I was (and still am) dying people!  Okay, not DYING.  But I can't breathe - so, close enough.  Lucky for you, I still have people to feed and pictures to take even while sick.  So here's your recap.

Day after Valentine's day - everyone enjoyed their treats from the day before except for me.  I just laid around gasping for air.

DSC 4582

Day after that, Avery entertained the weak and sick by tormenting the cat.  I never miss turn down an opportunity to sit and watch Mux get bugged for once.  Normally SHE is the one doing the bugging.

DSC 4585

She secretly loves this attention though.  If she didn't, she would have left.

DSC 4586

"Hug, Milly????"

DSC 4587

"I don't have time to look at you, woman.  I've got a cat to love on."

DSC 4589

"Milly, look at my toes.  Look at how cute they are."

DSC 4592

"Cute enough to EAT!"  thinks Mux.

DSC 4598

She just pulled her foot away and gave me a "look."  Don't mess with me cat.  I'm bigger than you now.

DSC 4599

Dylan requested pizza last night and in my weakened condition, I said yes.  Pizza is my crack.  And my crack will make me feel better, right?  So we made pizza.  This is the dough recipe I used this time.  Good stuff!  This pizza is the one Dylan made.

DSC 4601

And here is my pizza.  My very own spinach, chicken and ricotta pizza.

DSC 4605

And in an effort to cram more veggies into my system (in the hopes that they would cure me), I made this salad today.  Its Wheatberry Arugula Salad from America's Test Kitchen Best of 2011 book.  And while I'm mentioning it - why the heck do they call it best of 2011?  Shouldn't it be best of 2010?  2011 hasn't happened yet!  Anyway, it was good.  Made a TON of salad.

DSC 4608

There was no way I could eat all of it!  It was very good though.

DSC 4609DSC 4614

Well, that's all for tonight.  I would say that I was going to go lay down.  But that would be silly.  My nose would plug up even more if I did that.  If anyone knows how to cure me, PLEASE let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh that salad looks delicious! I love garbanzos! What else is in there? Could you please post the recipe?

    ReplyDelete