Saturday, November 27, 2010

Primitive Thanksgiving

  Oh how you all must have missed me!  I’ve missed you too!  Actually, I have missed my internet access.  Why is it that wherever I go, the internet is sure not to follow?  That’s the way it seems anyway.  So that’s where I’ve been.  I’ve been disconnected from the world outside our window here.  Which I suppose isn’t ALL bad.  I’ve had a lot of time to watch all the kids playing together.  They are definitely growing up and starting to get along with each other better.  I believe I even heard the words, “you are my best friend!” said between them.  Ahhh, cousinly love.  May it last!  Well, lets recap the missed events.  Starting with Thanksgiving. 

Thanksgiving was at Auntie Lulu’s house this year.  I think she was pleased as punch to be hosting this year as she has a beautiful new house to show off.  It is now wallpaper free, so it looks spectacular!  Here she is being super talented – cooking AND baby wrangling at the SAME TIME.  Addi and Avery were under our feet in the kitchen.  We needed the extra challenge.  Turkey making is SO easy, so that added an element.DSC_2606 DSC_2608 DSC_2609

Martha Stewart sure knows how to roast a bird!  Lulu used one of Martha’s recipes and it turned out FAB! DSC_2612

Surprisingly, Kacie doesn’t drink. DSC_2614

Lulu wasn’t drinking yet either.  Hmmm. DSC_2615

There were many unpleasant parts in the turkey making process.  Gravy turned out to be one of them. DSC_2617

  One of turkey lurkey’s many helpers.DSC_2618

The gang was all there! DSC_2622

Carving the bird is FUN.  Or so it looks. DSC_2627

Yep, he was having fun. DSC_2629

Avos was loving all the attention. DSC_2632

Looks like plenty of food! DSC_2635

Kacie was very proud of her efforts. DSC_2636

Turkey lurkey! DSC_2638

Grandma Kim’s famous homemade buns! DSC_2640

Sweet potatoes by Jamie (not pictured). DSC_2642

Here’s the green bean casserole I made.  Real onions, fresh green beans and panko – no processed ingredients here! DSC_2646

Grandma Kim brought stuffing and wild rice too! DSC_2647

Avery LOVED the kids table. DSC_2651

And here is Dylan skating yesterday.   DSC_2656

Avery “skated” too.  Until she nearly fell asleep standing up.    DSC_2658

That’s all for now.  I have to try and figure out how to post this.  It’s gonna be just like in the old days when there was no wi-fi.  Its truly been a primitive Thanksgiving.  I’m gonna be so thankful for the internet when I get home.  Smile

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a perfect Wikoff family Thanksgiving!!We had a super fun "Carson" Thanksgiving---eating and drinking and watching Xmas movie!! Duh!! Need to figure out if we are coming your way on the way into Mpls!!
    XXXX MOM
    Hope Lissy posts some pix from our wknd!!! and you can see here darling new digs!!

    ReplyDelete