Thursday, November 11, 2010

Distraction

  So I hear I was missed?  Yay!  It was only ONE day, Danny.  I think you can live without your grandchild fix for ONE day!  Wink  Truth be told, not much happened yesterday.  We baked some Peanut Butter Kisses (Dylan’s fav) and waited for Gma and Gpa Puppy to arrive for a quick visit before they head to Mexico (jerks).  This morning, Gma and I dropped Dylan off at school and then went SHOPPING (Gpa and Avery stayed home)!  Woohoo!  Sweet, sweet freedom.  Christmas shopping in the Brainerd, people!  Be jelly!  My main agenda though, was to find some shoes to go with Avery’s Christmas outfit.  Mission was accomplished and other mission’s I didn’t know I had were also accomplished.  I’ve had my eye on these cute little purple shoes (coincidently, the style is called “Dylan”) and just had to have them for her.  Um, apparently she doesn’t like them?DSC_2308 DSC_2309 DSC_2310

Ok, is it time we have the “you are a GIRL.  Act like it!” talk again?  She is dissing SHOES!  What is going on here?!  She screamed like there was poison seeping into her feet from within the shoes.   DSC_2312

“How do I get these things off?!” DSC_2313Finally, I was able to distract her with music and she forgot about them for a few minutes.   DSC_2314 DSC_2315

Dylan tried to help with the distraction plan.  I think I was more amused than Avery was.  “Do it again, Dylan!”  He happily obliged.   DSC_2318 DSC_2320 DSC_2323Then it was time for food.  Spaghetti was decided on.   DSC_2324

And wine. DSC_2326

And bread.DSC_2334There was a minor distraction in the form of a tap, tap, tap on the window. DSC_2327DSC_2333  And a glass of wine later, spaghetti was ready. 

DSC_2335

The rest of the wine is now being drunk, so I must supervise the drinking.  Wink

No comments:

Post a Comment