Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies

For the first time since college, I can say - “it’s a school night!”  Dylan starts pre-school tomorrow!!  He is definitely ready for it.  Eric was just tucking him into bed just now and he said, “see you tomorrow Dad.  But not for long, cuz I’ve got to get to school!”  I’m excited for him to make friends…..and maybe I’ll make friends too?!?!  I hope!  We know no one in the Brainerd area other than our neighbors and while we love Lingy, we need some friends our own age.  I wish I could say I have my outfit all picked out for tomorrow – but I don’t!  Dylan’s is all ready to go, but I’m still wavering.  Tongue out  Breakfast will be the same as this morning – Pumpkin Pie Vegan Overnight Oats.  What did I tell you though – doesn’t look very appetizing due to bad morning lighting.  I kinda want to eat the picture tho cuz I know that its good.  I put unsweetened coconut and a drizzle of honey on it.  YUM!DSC_0245I somehow acquired a scratchy throat and headache this past weekend.  I’m thinking its the change in season.  It definitely made for a lonnnnng day.  In an effort to brighten my spirits, I decided to make cookies.  It was my only hope.  DSC_0248

Behold – Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies. DSC_0249 I adapted it from a recipe I found on the internet.  I changed pretty much all of it to fit my “needs” so I guess we’ll call it a Trishy Original.



Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies


1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (whole wheat flour would do too)


1/8 cup ground flaxseed meal
1/8 cup wheat germ (you could do 1/4 cup flaxseed meal and skip the wheat germ if you wanted)
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder


1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 TB Coconut Oil (or canola would work)
1 TB applesauce
1/4 cup brown rice syrup (maple syrup would work – probably noney would work too)
1/4 cup unsalted organic smooth peanut butter

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Mix all the ingredients together.  12 minutes for a softer cookie.  15 for the crunchy guys.  Next time I’m TOTALLY putting dark chocolate chips in so they resemble a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup.  Mmmmmmm. 

One final Dylan story for you – today the neighbor’s dog was walking through our yard and Dylan says to me, “Oh!  I see Lacy!”  I said, “Yep, I see her too.”  His response?  “What a coincidence!!”  LOL!  He is sooooooo ready for school!  Well, see ya tomorrow with our “back to school” outfits!!  Open-mouthed

No comments:

Post a Comment