Monday, June 15, 2009

More Avery pics

Thought I'd post some more pics of Avery while I have a chance! Eric is taking half days this week, so I have a little time to get stuff like this done. Next week, not a chance!
Here's Avery with her mommy before her first sponge bath at home! Her umbilical stump fell off a few days ago, so she'll be having a real bath one of these days.
Clearly, she was not a fan. Then again, she's not a fan of being naked either. Or having her diaper changed. Or being held by someone other than her mother. She is, however, a fan of lazy sucklings and being held all day by her mom. Thats pretty much it so far. I think her dad and brother are looking forward to her becoming more "fun."
Here she is sleeping after her bath. She immediately rolls onto her side when you lay her on her back. She actually rolled over onto her tummy earlier this week. Shes a spunky little thing!
Here's a glimpse at my mornings with my two kids!
Avery sleeping. Duh.

1 week old!
Sleeping again!
Dylan and his baby sister, "Squares." He gave her that nickname and we have no idea where it came from or what it means. Its starting to catch on though!
The proud Daddy with his two babies!
And finally, sweet little Avery sleeping.

We take Avery back to the doctor on Wednesday to find out if shes gained any weight yet. On Friday she was still at 5 pounds, 11 ounces (her weight when we left the hospital the first time AND the second time). The doctor thinks that she probably sweated out a few ounces while under the bili lights and thats why she hadn't gained anything back yet. I sure hope so! Supplementing is not something I want to do, but I guess I'll have to if she hasn't gained anything by her weight check on Wednesday. She eats constantly (which I have read is totally normal) so I am really hoping that she has gained. Fingers crossed people!!

Well, thats about it for now! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Avery is sooo tiny!! I hope that her check-up goes well on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete