Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Black Friday

Well, while all you suckers are out there fighting the crowds, we're in "middle of nowhere" northern MN and unable to join in all that fun. There's talk of a visit to the Grand Forks Target later on though! Woohoo! Civilization! The kiddies are browsing the Target ad right now, dreaming of new toys. "Ooooh look at that!" - they keep repeating. I felt the same way about the 99 cent mittens. Woohoo! Score! They better still have them when I get there!

Well, Turkey Day was pretty uneventful. Jamie still hasnt gone into labor and that was supposed to be the main attraction. Not the labor, the baby! Get your heads out of the gutter! So we're still waiting for that. The day was spent eating random junk food and sitting around saying, "what can we do???" (Reed started it tho, "Mommy, what can I do?" I said, "My sentiments exactly, Reed.") Eric, Danny and I went for a drive around the lake and baby number 2 felt the need to remind that he/she is still there with a lovely bout of nausea. Riding in the backseat probably didnt help. Then when we got back, we found that nothing had happened while we were gone. The boys and Lisa and Kelli went ice skating and the pregnant ladies and the younger kids laid down. Very exciting stuff, I know. Then at 6pm or so, we ate. No one was able to finish their plates, as we all ate a ton of crap while waiting for the food to be done. That seems to happen every year. Oh well. Then, after the kids went to bed, we watched a lame Christmas movie (Fred Claus) and that was it. Don't be jealous of our Turkey Day. Like you all did anything fun! I know that the Carson family Thanksgiving had to be a huge snooooooze fest. I just know it! And if it wasnt, I hope you all enjoy your hangovers today. HA! Take that.

If you are wondering why there are no pictures, it is because my camera battery died and I didnt bring the charger. Oh well. It seems that baby isnt coming anyway and that was the main reason I wanted the camera along. I did get some cute pics of the kiddies out on the ice playing before it died tho. Imagine their smiling faces as they got pulled on a sled across the ice by their dads wearing ice skates. Also, picture Eric coming to a halting stop at one point and falling down. I managed to catch it! Hahahahhaha! Oh and you will also be dazzled by some tricks performed by Kelli and myself. Imagine them now please - shoot the duck, arabesque, etc. All with beautiful form.

Well, thats it for now. Please enjoy this new background. Its legal now. And coming next week - pics of our holiday decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment