Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Silver Foxette

  I can’t lie and say I’ve been too busy to blog.  Nope, can’t do it.  Guess my inspiration (or probably MOTIVATION) went out the window for a few days.  Surely, it got cold and had to come back inside.  With that, I’m back.  We’re all back.  Avos welcomes you:
DSC_4206

You’ve missed this funny face, no? DSC_4207

And perhaps you have missed the tasty treats?  Here we have Peanut Butter Banana Oats.  What you do to make this is: 1/4 cup rolled oats, 1/4 cup oat bran, cinnamon (just dump a tsp in or so), a tablespoon or so of brown sugar, 1 cup of milk of choice (almond milk is an excellent one), 1/2 of a sliced banana (thinly sliced works awesome).  Bring to a boil in a saucepan and just keep stirring until its as thick as you want it.  Finish it off with a glob of peanut butter.  Perfection.  Creamy, oaty, peanut buttery perfection.  Avos and I enjoyed this A LOT. DSC_4209In my own defense, we WERE busy last night.  It was parent’s night at Dylan’s school.   DSCN1343

They did a number of small performances for us.  Dylan always made sure we were watching. DSCN1344 DSCN1347And they entertained us with their playing too.  This is Dylan and his best friend Evan having a “snowball” fight.  They were pretty funny and at one point declared it, “KIDS AGAINST ADULTS!!!!”  We took cover.   DSCN1349 DSCN1350

They did some ice fishing.   DSCN1357

And took a class photo for the newspaper.  I took the point and shoot (mistake!) so that’s why these pics are all so craptastic.  Oh well.  I also took video with my phone for Dylan to watch.  He pretty much has taken over the Droid and made it his own.  So now he has more videos of himself to watch.  If I could pry it out of his hands, I’d post a video.  We’ll see. DSCN1360 DSCN1361 DSCN1366

We had no choice to bring Avos with us.  There was a bit of a mishap before we came to school when some amateur babysitter’s (at the YMCA child watch) put what they thought was a pull up on her.  Um, yeah, swim diaper and pull up are NOT the same thing, ladies! So our arms may or may not have reeked like urine. Eye-rolling  Anywho, she still had fun and her pants dried off in no time!  Tongue outDSCN1370 DSCN1376 DSCN1378

And finally, for those who are interested – I transformed from Silver Foxette back to a normal looking 30 something today.  Grays are gone people!


hair1 hair2 I think it looks fab!  Very subtle highlights that I’m told will look natural as it grows out.  ???  One can hope!  Isn’t it ironic that 2 years ago I stopped dying my hair so I could go back to my natural color and then all of a sudden I start seeing grays?  REDONK!  Oh well.  Such is life.

 



Well, I promise there will be food and fun pics in the days to come.  Well, now that I’ve said it, I better follow through.  Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment