Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mushroom and Sausage Ragu with Polenta

  Sorry for the lack of post yesterday!  As many of you know, Mr Dylan turns FOUR on Saturday.  And many of you also know, that I somehow roped myself into making a DVD slideshow of pictures each year to play at his party.  WHY I don’t start this thing earlier, I’ll never know.  Anyway, I sorted thru thousands of photos (I’m not even kidding either, it really is a lot of pictures) to pick 400 of the greatest DD pictures from the year.  And I haven’t even gotten to the tricky part which is putting it all together with music.  Ugggg.  So anyway, my eyes felt like they were going to bug out of my head last night so there was no way I could write a blog post. 

Dinner last night was SUPERB.  Grandma Toni is here for the week while Eric is in the cities working all week.  So we are taking turns making fabulous dinners all week.  Last night was my turn and I made Mushroom and Sausage Ragu with Polenta from Cooking Light.  First, I had to have my assistant take out every pot and pan we own.  Had to make sure we had it all before we could begin, right Avery?DSC_1296

Had to have a beer while cooking.  This was okay.  Very light tasting.  Went well with dinner. DSC_1297And

here is the food!  This was seriously really, really good.  It might look strange and I know a lot of people probably aren’t familiar with polenta (I know I’m certainly not!) but it was very good!   DSC_1298

I seriously can’t wait for lunch time today so I can have MORE!  This recipe is definitely a keeper (already in my “favorites” binder!) and I think even my pickiest eater will eat it right up (that’s you, Eric).   DSC_1300Lacy thought it looked good too.  Poooooooor Lacy!

DSC_1301

Well, my people should be getting up soon, so I gotta soak up this “mama time'” while I can!  Have a loverly day!

No comments:

Post a Comment